Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winter Solstice--a magical time for re-creating your life

My apologies for not writing sooner. It seems that the 12 Days of Christmas were not about writing for me. They were definitely about intense processing and healing relationships which is, really, what Christmas is about. Tuesday was the Winter Solstice--the longest night of the year--and it was a very powerful time (still is), as it was also a full moon and a lunar eclipse. So this is a good time to go inward and put out your intent for what you want to create. Don't wait for New Year's.

Miracles are abounding right now. I seem to just intend for something to happen and I am amazed at how quickly I see results. A few days ago I woke up thinking that I wanted some closure on a friendship with a man whom I've been writing about. The relationship is intense: intense love and intense anger show up when I'm with him. Each time we part I feel that it may be the last time I see him.

Well, I didn't like the way we parted and I decided that morning that I would go into meditation and have a "talk" with him on the inner planes. I closed my eyes, visualized a beach, and saw him walking in my direction. Before I had a chance to talk to him, I heard the phone ring. I let my machine pick it up and heard his voice. Oh, well, I thought to myself, I guess I'm meant to talk to him in person. I ended the meditation and picked up the phone.

He said he was busy running some errands when he had the feeling that I wanted to talk to him. So he called. I knew we had a strong connection but I was still amazed at this synchronicity. We had a great discussion where we both really listened to the other person. I felt my heart open. I told him that I would like to be able to have fun with him, without all this processing. "What are you doing today?" he asked me. Well, work has been very slow so I haven't been doing much. "I'm free" I replied. Neither one of us had any ideas about what fun thing we could do, but we decided to meet and figure it out.

As I was taking a shower, I thought to myself how wonderful it would be to just soak in hot water. Harbin Hot Springs! was my next thought. That's what I want to do with him. I want to go to Harbin. For those of you who don't know, Harbin Hot Springs is a small retreat place near Calistoga, in Sonoma. It's about an hour and a half from where I live. They have a warm pool (my favorite), a hot and cold plunge (his favorite), sauna, steam room, great dinners, a temple, you name it. You can just go for the day if you like, or stay over.

Next thing I knew we were soaking in the warm water, with the rain pouring down on us (it doesn't matter when you're already wet), relaxing. All the issues, arguments, problems slipped away as we stayed in the present moment with each other. The evening was beautiful in a surreal way, with hot mists coming up off the water as the rain came down. We lost track of time until we got hungry and it was time for dinner. The food was delicious. We had a great conversation with the woman next to us. On the way home, we sang Christmas carols badly, without remembering most of the words. We've never laughed so much together!

All in all, it was the best time we've ever had. And it all started with my intention to connect with him in meditation. Our thoughts do create our reality--big time. So this is the time to have good thoughts of love, peace, and joy. How else can we create this in our life?

No comments: