Saturday, March 26, 2011

Unplugging from the Matrix--Part 2

The last couple of months the question of "What am I going to do when I grow up?" has become much more urgent. On the one hand I'm not working, and I need to pay my bills. On the other hand, I am getting a clear signal that the time is now to live my life's purpose.The driving force of paying my bills is fear, or the ego. The driving force behind my life's purpose is passion, or my soul.

At this point I know that if I don't take a step--even a small step--towards work that is on purpose, I will not be supported. So not having any big ideas, I started small (the longest journey begins with one step.) I started a Thursday evening group on Meetup called Unplugging from the Matrix (http://www.meetup.com/Unplugging-from-the-Matrix/ ). The purpose of this group is to support people in letting go of the illusion of security, and instead following their passion so that they can live a life of purpose and meaning.

Of course we all teach what we need to learn most. I need this support and starting this group is a small step in the direction I want to go in. Because unplugging from something you don't want is not enough. That leaves you in a place of emptiness. The next step is to plug into something that you do want. That's when the transformation happens. That's when life finally becomes fun.

No comments: